The Devil’s Son by D.C. Lacroix
If you were following last year and caught Halloween Shindig’s 31 days of Halloween Horror, then you’re no doubt familiar with the bit of Samhain Horror goodness called Hack-O-Lantern (aka Halloween Night aka The Damning aka Death Mask aka The Most Awesomely Titled Movie With This Many Awesome Alternate Titles)
Unlike some other Rock ‘N Roll Horror outings claiming association with then Eve of All Saints, this one actually delivers the goods, and then some.
A perfect selection for an October night of drinking and buffoonery, Hack-O-Lantern is an absolutely ridiculous mess of low-rent satanism, Halloween madness and Rock ‘N Roll attitude.
What more do you want?
- Skin? Got it.
- Weird murders? Got that too.
- Someone in a mask doing the murdering? Yup.
- Pumpkins? By the truckload.
- Halloween decorations? Indeed.
- A Halloween party? Totally.
- Graveyard goings-ons? Ya know, murder. Sex. Kids Trick or Treating.
- A Rock ‘N Roll video posing as a dream sequence? You know it.
- Eye lasers which produce shrunken heads from drum equipment? Check that shit out.
- More eyes laser that turn guitars into tridents? Only here.
- Completely impromptu, unfunny and non-sequitor stand-up routines? Yeah, that’s there too for some reason.
- Nonsensical theatrics and bizarre scripting? Boy howdy.
Easily accessible on YouTube, this one should not go unwatched by anyone this Halloween. And if your buddy pops over with Rocktober Blood, up the ante with this actual Halloween horror gem.
So here’s Tommy, pretending to know how to use a guitar with D.C. Lacroix, performing the certified Shindigger The Devil’s Son.