What in the hell is Pumpkin Man? Where the hell did it come from? Why was it even made? What exactly is going on here?
I’m not sure, but apparently this isn’t an easy one to find, unless you happen to be randomly browsing the dusty shelves at Eddie Brandt’s in North Hollywood back in 2000 whatever and there are multiple copies just sitting there on a rack.
Being me, I didn’t even look at it twice, and I doubt I looked at it for very long. I’d never heard of it and was most certainly leaving with it, whatever the hell it was.
Seeing as how it’s a rare oddity and it’s only about 30 minutes, here is Pumpkin Man in all its glory for all you Halloweeners to enjoy,…or be confounded by…or to hate every sappy second of.
Me? This shit is just weird enough, and wholesome enough and Halloweeny enough for my recommendation.
I give this 1 winking pumpkin man and 2 pumpkinoid alien people up!
I won’t say much, seeing as how it’s just up there for you to make heads or tails of yourself, but I will ask a few questions:
1. Why is there a short television special where a pumpkin helps a kid deal with divorce on Halloween?
2. What the hell is the Pumpkin Man exactly, and why does he bother turning all Jason’s friend into dope looking pumpkin heads?
3. Is he just some expression of Jason’s psychosis? If so, why can Jason’s friends see him?
4. Given his annoyance at all the kids ding-dong-ditching his house every year on Halloween, why wouldn’t Sammy Hain just sit outside one time and put the whole thing to rest?
5. Who the fuck are those pumpkinoid creatures in the beginning? Am I to understand that’s Jason and his dad on Halloween the previous year?
6. If so, where did they get sick ass prosthetic creature makeups from?
7. Are they goblins? I was convinced by a friend they were alien pumpkin people. I liked that drug addled read more.
8. Why does this exist?